About My Research
I'm an observer interested in the physics of clusters and group of galaxies as inferred mainly by X-ray observations but also from observations at other wavelengths like optical and radio. I work in particular on AGN feedback in cool cores, metal abundances in the intra-cluster and intra-group medium and the characterization of the dynamical state of a system.
Galaxy clusters are also important cosmological tools, provided we are able to measure their masses. This measure can be done in many different ways like for example using their X-ray emission, gravitational lensing or the dynamics of their member galaxies.
A selection of the latest projects I'm currently working on:
- Analysis of the NuSTAR Coma cluster observation
- Analysis of the XMM follow up of SL2S groups
- Paper on the stripping group in A2142 accepted for publication on A&A(see astroph)
- Paper on the ALMA observation of NGC 5044 accepted for publication on ApJ (see astroph)
- ESA Press Release on the Bullet Group
(replace [at] with @)
Via Bassini 15